I get forwards all the time from various friends of mine. Most of them I’ve seen over and over and over….
I don’t think I’ve ever seen this one and it caught my eye.
I would change the title of it though to How to Have a Happier Life
I’ll leave my comments in parenthesis and italics
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay ‘them’
(Why do we care so much about these things. Weight I can understand a little bit. A person can change their weight with some effort. Stressing about age and height though… these are two things in your life that no matter how hard you try you will not change, so why waste the energy?)
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(I tell all my friends “rid your life of toxic people and do whatever you can to keep toxic people out of your life.”)
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’
(I like this one ALOT!! Sometimes learning something from a child is kinda cool too….)
4. Enjoy the simple things.
(Like listening to nature around you. Hugging the one’s you love. Smiling at a stranger and watching it make their day. Read a book. Write a blog.)
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
(Make sure you really mean it though. When all else fails find something on comedy central or call my friend Scott, he can make almost anyone laugh….)
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
(It’s okay to cry. Use them to heal yourself, but don’t dwell on the bad things….)
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
(This is another great one! Friends, family, pets, motorcycles etc….)
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
(This means quit smoking and try to eat a little bit healthier than you used to. I’ve been trying to cook more new things and sometimes it helps.)
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
(To me guilt is worthless. Remind yourself why what you did was wrong, and do your best not to repeat the mistake. Dwelling on it won’t change it, just vow to be better in the future.)
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
(This is one of the most important on the list. Always tell those you love that you do love them every chance you get because you might not get another chance. You don’t ever want to lose someone and then later wonder if they knew that they were loved….)
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Worry about nothing, pray about everything!!!
I hope you all enjoyed this.
Please subscribe in the upper right and then drop me a comment.
What advice do you have to share to have a happier life?
What makes you happy?